Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend asked me to post a question about these callers, any of you have any experience with these? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! Russ

·
Registered
568 Posts
On this site you'll be told there is but one electronic caller, "Foxpro" They are a sponser and evidently the industry leader in electronic callers. They have multiple models and vary greatly in price. I've been reading this board for years and don't recall any complaints other than the price on higher end models. I personally use old about to be retired cassette tapes or homeburned CDs and either my trucks sound system or a portable unit and an amplified speaker. I keep finding other things to spend my money on. I really need to go ahead and make the move and get one. Also several guys on this site use mouth calls and are varmint killin machines. I am a bit slow at times I just realized that you were asking about a specific brand of caller not callers in general, never mind.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Run, don't walk away. BIG bucks and little to no customer service. The owner has a real serious attitude problem and needs about 20 years of charm school. MI VHNTR

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply, but friend already bought..

caller. They set-up this morning @ daybreak, 10 minutes into stand, had two (2) coyotes race into set-up, first shooter fired two 2 rounds of buckshot w/ zero "net-effect", second shooter's rifle jammed. Third shooter missed the melee. I was not involved, clearly "second hand" info related. Please forward more info on your experience w/ these callers, please be specific, as I was "poised" to purchase. The friend who bought this caller has offered to sell me his FoxPro (w/15 sounds) for $200, told him "consider it sold". It is not very often that a coyote is called in in this area, they are extremelly "wary" compared to my "limited experiences out west". Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate yor reply, but friend already bought....

caller. They set-up this morning @ daybreak, 10 minutes into stand, had two (2) coyotes race into set-up, first shooter fired two 2 rounds of buckshot w/ zero "net-effect", second shooter's rifle jammed. Third shooter missed the melee. I was not involved, clearly "second hand" info related. Please forward more info on your experience w/ these callers, please be specific, as I was "poised" to purchase. The friend who bought this caller has offered to sell me his FoxPro (w/15 sounds) for $200, told him "consider it sold". It is not very often that a coyote is called in in this area, they are extremelly "wary" compared to my "limited experiences out west". Thanks, Russ

I prefer to fight with my checkbook, but I'm more than willing to fight without it!!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
They will work on Crows

and that is all I ever called in with the one I had. In spite of trying numerous times to call in 'yotes.. I never had any luck with it on them.

I'm glad to hear that your friend had good luck with his on his first try. Sounds like he gave them an education too. WD

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a foxpro. I don't know anything about other electronic callers, but I wouldn't have anything else. 100% satisfied.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts