Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about Model 52 reproduction .22's? Any information about them would be helpful.

Thanks

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Nice pieces.

I have had the Win52B Sporter repro since around '94 or 95. It is adult sized - feels like a CF rifle, is accurate and is well made, but not quite as well finished as the original US made 52's. As a benchmark, I also have original pre-A 52, a 52C and a 52D, all target models. The M52 repros are a bit on the heavy side for a sporter. The trigger is a micromotion, but has a pin to limit pull weight. You can remove the pin and get the pull lower. You can replace the spring to get it even lower yet. The bolt shape requires fairly high rings to use a modern scope with a larger occular lens. Suggest you read the Winchester section on rimfirecentral to get more detailed info. Any other specific questions?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
52 Repros

Kim , Tin Man was right on about that darn mile - high Scope Mount required . I did'nt like it and sold mine . It's too bad Browning / Winchester made such a faithful Repro .....they should have changed that darn bolt angle . You might look for what I think Browning called the 52B . It had a Monte Carlo and that would help with the high rings . I'm also a wood nut , and I did'nt like the grade of wood put on these 52s .....again ...a pretty faithful Repro . When you look at some of the wood that Browning was putting on its 22s ( A bolt , T2 , etc . ) , the 52 wood I've seen was pretty plain . In fact , I've seen a lot of 52 Repros and never saw one with nice wood . Some of these recent CZ Rimfires have incredible wood ! TDC , the 52 Repros were discontinued a few years back , but still can be found either used or NIB !

·
Registered
785 Posts
Winchester/Browning

They both make one, I've got one of each. The Browning wood is pretty plain, doesn't have the steel Winchester 70 style buttplate, different style cheekrest design and different checkering pattern on the forearm. For the money they're the best buy out there, especially the Winchester. As mentioned earlier, punch the roll pin out of the trigger and you've got a nice 2lb trigger, lower if you choose. I paid 500.00 for the Winnie when they came out and 650.00 NIB for the Browning about 8 months ago. The Brownings are usually easier to find and run a little cheaper. The Winchester reads like a custom gun option list. Inletted swivels, steel grip cap, steel Niedner style buttplate, ebony forend tip, polished bluing, 52 action, and the better micromotion trigger. Lotta stuff there for the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.