Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with everyone talking about their great weather, I thought I'd just toss this in the works.

Currently it is 21 degrees with a slight breeze. Not sure of actual temp here as my thermometer caught a flight to Cancun yesterday.

Sorry about the quality of the photo but even at 0745, it is grey and gloomy. About 2 minutes after I took this photo the rain/sleet started again. Picture was taken looking due North.

What you see is pure sleet/ice covering the ground.

We usually have one go at this kind of weather each winter, but this is not typical. It is going to be a long weekend.

Too nasty to be out today, altho it would be a good day to bait in some porkers. Road conditions are "Icy & Hazardous". Storm is expected to last through Sunday evening. Power outages are minimal at this time due to a vigorous tree trimming campaign by the power companies over the summer.

I might need ice skates to get out to the shop and reloading bench today.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Mortis,
The weather down south of you is no better, we still have power but it did kick off once during the night. Hope you have a good day reloading if you don't slide passed your shop :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lefty, you wrote: "Hope you have a good day reloading if you don't slide passed your shop"

Man, you got that right. Back porch steps are slicker then a greased door knob!!:eek:

Was planning on running down to Shawnee to Martin Custom with my BRNO Mauser so Jerry could start the remake into a 6mmRemington. Guess, it can wait till the penguins waddle back home.:)

Take care, stay warm and maybe we can destroy a pot of coffee some day.

·
Registered
519 Posts
It isn't any better

the farther North you go. Man, I rode my motorcycle Thursday in 70 degree weather and about 6:00 that evening the bottom dropped out and the sky fell with freezing rain and sleet. My wife and I went out to eat last night and talked to some people from South Dakota who said the came down here to warm up. They asked for the best way to get to Texas.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
not much better in the western part

of the GREAT state of Oklahoma. It's pretty slick and icy here too. Sleet started early this AM here to top the ice from yesterday. Went out and fed the horses and break ice (just got back in). The cows got double doses yesterday and day before, so will let them "hole up" today and get them again tomorrow. Son and a couple of friends are in the coyote calling contest in Elk City today. They are calling in the Higgins, TX area west of Arnett, OK. Hope they can make it to check-in this evening at Elk City.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the farther North you go. Man, I rode my motorcycle Thursday in 70 degree weather and about 6:00 that evening the bottom dropped out and the sky fell with freezing rain and sleet. My wife and I went out to eat last night and talked to some people from South Dakota who said the came down here to warm up. They asked for the best way to get to Texas. Kim
Kim, I was once at a North Little Rock gas station when a couple of New Englanders stopped for gas and directions. As they looked at a map, they asked for the best way to get to Texas.

The station owner gave real simple instructions.

Head West till ya smell manure. Turn South and keep going until ya step in it. Then ya be in Texas!!!:D

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Little further north....

...in Denver, 1:00 PM, my 'Atomic Clock/thermometer" says 16 degrees, TV says it 8 degrees in downtown Denver. We still have the snow from Christmas, and a couple inches new stuff. Looks like winter has returned for a while. Keep warm, everybody.
-West

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ditto from SE metro area. We are covered in Aurora.

·
Registered
358 Posts
You guys are scareing me:eek: I hope you keep the ice down your way or I will be very busy putting up powerlines here in Michigan.:(

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
And to think I have been complaining its too WARM

I have been complaining all day because the weather is so warm here that it is making Coyote Hunting somewhere between Difficult and Impossible. I went out scouting a new area this afternoon and didn't even take a coat; I think it must have been in the high 60's this afternoon with an occasional slight sprinkle. Found Coyote Exprssways but no coyotes; I suppose they are in their Dens with the A/C on High. Sorry for you guys out west. JR

·
Registered
108 Posts
Global Warming......ha

No heat in the shop I work in. Always bring a 2L bottle of Mountain Dew with me--had to put it in the refrigerator to keep it from freezing:eek:
Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts