Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a Remington 11-87 20 ga. shotgun. I would like it to have a rifled barrel for shooting slugs. I would prefer it to have a cantilever mount for optics and be capable of shooting the 3" shells.

My buddy had his stolen and I would like to buy him a replacement for a birthday gift. I am looking to spend $500-ish. Please let me know if you can help me out.

Allen

·
Registered
478 Posts
re. M11-87

You may not know it, but I have over 2 hours Search time in this (private endeaver/exercise), maybe this one:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/949808376/Guns/Shotguns/Remington-Shotguns/Autoloaders/Hunting/Remington_11_87_Sportsman_Syn_DEER_20_Ne.htm
Look through the GA list, there is a nice 12 gauge also, my best thoughts are to purchase a M11-87 & shop for a barrel seperately. On the other hand, have never bought anything from GA, sellers often do not edit when item has been sold...........good luck.......L.R.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Lone Ranger

Ranger,

I have looked at most of the auction sites. There is one on GA that is quoted at $525 but I think it must be sold as the guy never replied to my numerous emails. I saw the others, 1 for 679 and the other for 650 but I am really trying to stick close to $500. I thought about building one up for my buddy but the barrels are usually about $230 throw in a gun and I might as well have bought a brand new gun for $650. I guess I am going to have to pony up the extra and buy a new one. I was just hoping to save a few bucks with the stock market, the election, inflation, tax hikes and all...

Thank you so very much in helping me in my search.

Allen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Dan

Dan,

Thank you for finding this. I had looked there but I had not seen that yet. Keep it up and we just might be friends!

Allen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts