Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife broke down and let me finally take my new toy out. After feeding and pushing slop most of the day I had time to make two stands. First stand had no takers but I spooked 20-25 prairie chickens on the way in. On the secound stand I was ready to give up when a single crow came in and circled I decided to play with him and gave some crow distess sound. After he came in and left I look over and here comes this female. Took her at a little over 100yrds through the front shoulder.
AR 10 308 win 168gr match hollow point Dead Right There.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Nice looking rig!

I thought I wanted one till I saw the price=it aint easy being cheap:eek: They are kinda heavy for a calling gun aint they?
Looks like it worked good for you though,always nice seing my favorite type of coyote=dead
How do you like the 308?do you or have you had a 223 to compair it too?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm still trying to talk myself out of buying one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congradulations on breaking in your rifle. I'm really jealous that you have snow as it's been raining off and on for a week and all we have is mud:( Keep it up. Dave

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are kinda heavy for a calling gun aint they?
Ya, you definatly don't want to go on a long walk with it. I believe 14 pounds is the striped down weight and I don't know what 10 rounds ammo, scope, steel Badger rings, and long Harris bipod add to that.
How do you like the 308?do you or have you had a 223 to compair it too?
So far I really like the 308, It took me a while to talk myself into it as the balistics are really not that great. I put a 6.5-20 Leupold Long Range with the Varmint Hunter reticle and I think this combo is going to work great.

I do have a Bushmaster 16inch VMatch in 223 that I do like but the muzzel blast is just to much for me. To be honest so far I would rather shoot the 308 over the 223.Plus it seems to kill with authority:D

·
Registered
861 Posts
Good Looking Coyote...............

Do you keep the fur?

ThJudg (Roger)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts