Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the area around Apache Junction and spent time in the back country. What I wouldn't give to be able to afford to live there. Miles and Miles of varmint hunting without seeing other hunters, beautiful country, just plain nice. I know there is probably "draw backs" as in every state. But I'm telling you guys. You gotta know how lucky you are. Gary

G

·
Living Large in AZ

You are absolutely right and I, for one, count my blessings every day. Just yesterday my backyard was visited by javalina, grey fox, and hundreds of various species of birds, including Gambel's quail. I often see coyote and have neighbors who have seen bobcats and mountain lions in our area. I have only seen the tracks and heard their cries at night. I like it here.

·
Registered
270 Posts
AZ

I've been here (Phoenix) with my family since the 16th, we are considering a change of zip code. It sure beats the weather in Iowa, atleast in the winter.
Looks to be a hunters paradise, with what AZ has to offer, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado are near by, all great hunting states.
There looks to be ample public land in the state, some not far from the city.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I agree on AZ

The place is special, and should appeal to all varminters. I really like the northern part of the state, in the elevated pine forests. The summers down around Phoenix can be a bit tough on the old hide, but still a great place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for noticing

Years ago, we were visiting Arizona. At a gas station, a guy saw our Illinois plates and said, "Illinois? I came from Illinois; and I don't give f**k if I ever see it again". Now I feel very lucky to get to live here.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I have the best of both worlds- live in Wyoming in the summer, Arizona in the winter. How could it possibly be better?:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.