Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a friend who is a huge Zeiss fan, and he is slowly brainwashing my boy. Are Zeiss scopes truely superior to other brands and are they worth the extra cost?

C

·
0 Posts
I have a Zeiss Conquest that I like better than any of my Leopold's. Based upon my limited experience, the Conquest series is very good and worth the price. Can't speak for the rest of the line.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have no doubt they are as fine a scope as money can buy. BUT

to answer your question about are they really that much better than others? Not to my tired old eyes there aren't. No better than a Leupold or B&L or couple others. Perhaps it takes those young eyes to see the difference? If so, I'm SOL. ha ha ha.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I wouldn't buy one.

I have always been very happy with Leupold, B&L, Bushnell and Weavers.

I think the BEST BUY right now is a Bushnell "Trophy" this last 4x12AO I bought is made in Japan and is very nice...

HARRY

·
Registered
861 Posts
I agree, Harry. I have several Bushnells, and I think they are better than the Leupold I got rid of. The Elite 3200 in 7x21, and the Legend in 5x15 are great scopes, plus they are several times cheaper than a Leupold or Zeiss.

ThJudg (Roger)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Zeiss Scopes

Bruce, Most of the scopes that I own are the Bushnell 3200 or 4200 series scopes. I have one Zeiss Conquest 4-14 which was on a used rifle that I bought. As far as clarity goes I don't see much difference between it and the Bushnells. It is repeatable and good quality glass. I do think that you get a bit more viewing time in low light conditions than with some of the 3200's and 4200's. But it is very slight with a scope of the same power. I'm not at all sure that the difference in money makes the Zeiss worth it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a Bushnell 4200, Sightron 4-16, Leupolds, and Ziess Conquest

Leupold still ranks first with me, however the Ziess glass may be crisper if that makes sense when looking at trees etc

Ziess conquest would be second, Bushnell 4200 third, and sightron 4th... that may like Sightron is way behind, but they are not, the Sightron and Bushnell are neck and neck, as are the Leupold vari-x III and Ziess Conquest, I would rate them at two different lines as last mentioned...

Clint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts