Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Z 3-9 X 40 Mc

I like mine. I have it on my maple stocked 223 Rem 700adl. carry gun and it`s light.
Of late, I`ve been calling late in the eve and I`m real impressed with the fact that I can see the crosshairs til it`s REAl dark. I bought it when they were $400 and our general store had a 25% off sale. If I had known how good they are I`d have bought every one they had. I think they are $500 at the store now.
I have the Varix3 in 6.5 - 18 or 20 (can`t remember) x 50 and at more than twice the price is no better. It`s a fine scope, but when I hold them side by each at dusk, no difference.
FWIW
With these eyes, if I could carry it, I`d mount the HUBBLE telescope on my gun, hee hee.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have several Ziess Conquest scopes in both 40mm and 50mm. They have performed very well, bright, crisp and clear. I own several Leupold Vari X 2's but no 3's, so I cannot give you a comparison. I would say that the Vari X 3 would have to really be outstanding to make me want to replace the Ziess, but maybe they are.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I Have Both

Hi John, I would be hard pressed to choose between the Var X 111 and the Zeiss. They are both cream of the crop. Both of mine are 4.5 X 14. -Cliff-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts